There are things to consider before you can know which microwave is best for you. Which microwave is best convection or grill or solo, the size of your family is one thing to consider as a solo microwave will not do much for the whole family?
Another fact to note also is the kind of meal, the thicker the food the higher the wattage or heating capacity. Let me make this easy for you. Below is a table on making the right decision in choosing convection, grill or solo microwave.
CONVECTION, SOLO AND GRILL MICROWAVE COMPARISON.
Microwave Type; Convection
Cost; More expensive
Heating; Uniform heating fan to circulate heat, It can also cook, grill, bake, and roast.
Features; The convection microwave oven comes with more features than the solo and grill microwave oven. You can use metal on convection except for the oven.
Microwave Type; Grill
Cost; Less expensive
Heating; Uniform heating can perform the task of basic microwave and grill.
Features; Best for grilling meat and vegetables. For simple cooking like pasta, coffee. etc.
Microwave Type; Solo
Heating; Uniform reheating, cooking, defrosting but cannot bake or grill.
Features; No special features, you can use only microwave-safe glass and plastic.
WHICH MICROWAVE IS BEST CONVECTION OR GRILL OR SOLO
To find out the best microwave between convection oven, grill microwave, and solo microwave, we have to understand the differences between these home and kitchen appliances.
First, a solo microwave oven heats food by making water molecules in the food vibrate at a high temperature with the help of a magnetron, which produces the required heat for reheating or cooking meals.
While a grill microwave is designed with coils that when heated are perfect for grilling and toasting. A convection microwave oven simply functions with the use of a fan that circulates the hot air, making our meals crispier and brown, they also have heaters at the top and bottom.
The answer in determining which of these microwaves is best is largely dependent on the type of food you cook, how often you cook, and your budget. For example, if you only need the microwave oven for reheating and defrosting food, then you should settle for a solo microwave oven.
If you spend a lot of time grilling and you don’t have access to an outdoor grill, then a grill microwave oven is best for you.
While a convection microwave oven has all the features of both the grill and solo microwave oven. We also recommend that if you have the budget, investing in a microwave oven will be a great idea.
However, you can only get value for your money, if you intend to cook, bake, grill, and perform other kitchen activities quickly with the convection oven. In the end, the food you intend to cook will affect your decision in selecting which microwave will be best for you!
READ ALSO: IS A 700 WATT MICROWAVE GOOD?
READ ALSO: IS A 900 WATT MICROWAVE GOOD?
READ ALSO: IS A CONVECTION OVEN BETTER THAN A MICROWAVE?
READ ALSO: CONVECTION MICROWAVE OVEN VS GRILL MICROWAVE OVEN
SOLO MICROWAVE OVEN
Microwaves have been one of the better innovations of our times which has definitely revolutionized cooking or the way we cook. Microwaves are one of the cost-efficient and safer modes of cooking.
With simple features and a user-friendly interface, they have made cooking super quick so, now you don’t have to wait long for hot and delicious meals.
Let’s talk about a solo microwave oven. Solo microwave oven is effective and easy to use and can be categorized as basic versions of a microwave. Solo microwave oven is different from grill and convection microwave oven.
Solo microwaves are most handy for reheating, cooking simple dishes, and defrosting.
The biggest positive attribute of a solo microwave is that it fulfills all basic functions and enters users at a very accessible price point.
Solo microwaves are available in various capacities and some come with additional features such as auto cook menus that help you prepare healthy food quickly in the comfort of your home, child lock for safety, preheating for specific dishes, etc.
These features help make your cooking experience both quick and convenient at the same time.
A solo microwave simply performs basic microwave operations like cooking, reheating, and defrosting. In a solo microwave oven, the temperature cannot be controlled.
A solo microwave is very affordable, less expensive. Examples of food items that can be cooked with the solo microwave oven include; defrosting meat, reheating food, rice, noodles, pasta, popcorn, tea, coffee, milk, boil potatoes, and vegetables.
BEST CONVECTION MICROWAVE OVEN
Here are the top convection microwave ovens;
GALANZ CONVECTION MICROWAVE OVEN
Below are the features of the Galanz convection microwave oven;
- The Galanz convection microwave oven has a capacity of 1.6 cubic feet, 1000 watts and has 3 appliance in one multifunctional appliance namely; Microwave Oven, Convection Oven and Air Fryer.
- It is also designed with a combi-speed cooking that ensures a faster result.
- The Galanz convection microwave oven is best known for frying with little or no oil for healthier favorite fries like chicken, shrimp and wings.
- With the Galanz convection microwave oven, you can be sure that your food is never under-or overcooked. The sensor reheats function stops automatically when food is hot and ready to eat.
- Heated air circulates throughout the oven as food spins 360°, cooking your food faster and more evenly without hot spots.
- Easily broil and bake foods with direct heat, such as fish, chicken, and fresh, oven-baked goods.
KITCHENAID DUAL CONVECTION COUNTERTOP TOASTER OVEN
Below are the features of the KitchenAid Convection microwave oven;
- We recommend the KitchenAid convection oven as the best convection microwave oven because of its versatility, 12 preset cooking functions, time saving functionality and non-stick interior.
- The Kitchen Aid convection microwave oven can easily bake 2 whole chickens and can cook up to 20% faster than a dual convection bake oven.
- It is easy to use, has a built in temperature probe that allows you to have control over during the cooking process.
- Easy to clean up after usage. Perfect for chicken entrees, cookies and dessert. Etc.
NUWAVE BRAVO CONVECTION OVEN
- The Nuwave Convection oven is the second runner up for the best convection microwave oven as you can easily air fry, bake, roast, broil and do much more.
- You can easily adjust the temperature, heating elements and fan speeds.
- The Nuwave convection microwave oven has 12 preset cooking functions for air frying, baking, broiling, roasting, toasting, grilling, dehydrating, reheating, defrosting and making quality pizzas, and waffles just with press of a single button.
- It is designed with a digital temperature probe that can eliminate the possibility of over or under-cooking by measuring the internal temperature of your food while it cooks.
- This temperature probe will shut off the Bravo once your meat, seafood or poultry reaches a set temperature.
- The Nuwave convection oven combines conduction, convection and radiant heat to circulate and penetrate food with cyclonic hot air that ranges between 100°F and 450°F with precise 5°F increments.
READ ALSO: BEST MICROWAVE OVEN FOR DORM ROOM
READ ALSO: SIMPLE TO USE MICROWAVE FOR ELDERLY UK
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GRILL AND CONVECTION MICROWAVE OVEN
A Grill microwave oven has powerful grilling ability while a convection microwave oven has inverter and sensor cooking technology.
A Grill microwave oven can easily defrost, reheat, grill food, and cook rice and pasta. While a convection microwave can grill, reheat, defrost, roast, brown, crisps, bake and cook various dishes easily.
A Grill microwave oven is slightly expensive than a solo microwave oven. While the convection microwave oven is more expensive than the solo and grill microwave oven.
The Grill microwave power wattage ranges from about 900 watts to 1700 watts. While the convection microwave power wattage ranges from about 1200 watts to 2200 watts.
In a Grill microwave, users need to manually adjust the temperature and monitor the cooking process. While the convection microwave has the ability to automatically adjust temperature.
The Grill microwave prepares food faster than the solo microwave oven. While the convection microwave oven prepares food faster than the grill and solo microwave oven.
CAN WE BAKE CAKE IN SOLO MICROWAVE OVEN?
First, there is no doubt that you can’t bake a cake using a microwave oven. However, you have to pay attention to the power levels of the Microwave oven. The cake might be devoid of crust-like formation popularly called browning.
When using a regular microwave oven for baking, it is accepted to use a toothpick to check if the cake is well prepared or not.
As stated above, grill and solo microwave won’t give you the best when it comes to baking cake. It is always advisable to go with the convection microwave oven and get the best!
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOLO AND GRILL MICROWAVE OVEN
I’ve always wanted to buy a grill microwave oven because I couldn’t use my solo microwave to cook certain meals. Solo microwave can be used to cook only simple meals.
So finally, I made up my mind to go out and purchase a grill microwave for my family. At this point, I was so excited. I thought of the different delicious meals I could prepare with it.
Presently, I have a solo and grill microwave oven in my kitchen, and I have used them both. Now I know the difference between solo and grill microwave.
Like I mentioned earlier, a solo microwave can be used to cook simple meals, reheat food, and defrosting. A grill microwave oven can also reheat food, drinks and defrost meat just like the solo microwave, but has a special ability which the solo microwave doesn’t have; grill meat and vegetables.
A grill microwave oven can also be used for making popcorn, cooking rice or pasta, brewing milk, coffee, or tea.
Now, you know the difference between solo and grill microwave.
MICROWAVE WITH GRILL AND CONVECTION (COMBINATION COOKING)
With the help of technology, you can make all your kitchen wishes come true. Have you ever wished for a microwave with grill and convection combination cooking, well your wish came true as manufacturers keep pushing the limit every time with a new microwave design and features?
Combi microwaves are fun to use as they can perform many functions from cooking, reheating, baking, grilling, roasting. Etc. it’s affordable as it saves you money of having two microwaves (a basic solo microwave and a convection microwave.) it will also save you counter space. Like every product comes with pros and cons, here are the pros and cons of combi microwave.
1. Have extra auto functionality than a regular microwave
2. Heats faster than regular microwave especially solo microwaves
3. Can heat up food just as a convection microwave
- Bigger than regular microwave
- More expensive than regular microwave
- Lesser cooking capacity than a convection microwave.
4 thoughts on “WHICH MICROWAVE IS BEST CONVECTION OR GRILL OR SOLO”